Skip to content

Collinsville Junction—High Street Station, corner of Dyer Avenue and Allen Place

Files & Documents >> Visitor Documents >> Driving Tours (text) >> Collinsville Junction—High Street Station, corner of Dyer Avenue and Allen Place

Collinsville Junction—High Street Station, corner of Dyer Avenue and Allen Place
 

Next  Beyond Downtown List

This decrepit shed-like structure was built around 1925 by the Central New England Railroad.   It’s one of the few stations of that company remaining in Connecticut.  It has been move a short distance from its original location.  It stood in the center of a track wye, enabling trains traveling in either direction to back down to Collinsville center.  Collinsville was served by two railroads before the middle of the twentieth century, the other being the New Haven & Northampton, better known as the Canal Line.