2/1/2018 - Enter the Town-Wide Photo Contest!
The Conservation Commission Announces a Second Town-Wide Photo Contest!
To celebrate the success of the original Photo Contest, the Canton Conservation Commission has decided to open a second town-wide photo contest to celebrate other seasons. This contest will be open from February 1, 2018 – June 1, 2018. This is the perfect opportunity to submit some lovely winter and early spring photographs.
Please submit images that document and celebrate Canton’s unique environment and natural beauty. These photographs may include aquatic resources, nature & wildlife, the beauty of open space, weather, geology, etc. Winners will be eligible to be featured in Canton’s Natural Resource Inventory, currently being drafted by the Conservation Commission. Contest rules are outlined below. Submission deadline is June 1st! Please submit digital photos to email@example.com. Have fun!
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to all Canton residents.
2. Photographs must be submitted by the photographer, or include written permission.
3. All entries become the property of the Town of Canton Conservation Commission, with shared rights for unlimited reproduction in print, electronic publications and promotional materials for an unlimited period of time. Published photos will credit the photographer.
4. Entries may be submitted in either color or black and white.
5. JPEG format is preferred and images should be 300 dpi or greater.
6. Each image submitted must include the photographer’s name, address, phone number, location, and date of the picture. Photo titles are optional.
7. Please be prepared to provide the Canton Conservation Commission with written consent of any person who appears in a photograph.
8. Photos must be taken in the Town of Canton.
9. The Canton Conservation Commission reserves the right to adjust any deadlines as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
10. Only digital images (no hard copy photos) will be accepted.
For questions or more information, please email Emily Anyzeski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning photos from the first contest were:
#1 - Randolph Riley, untitled
#2 - Carol York, Autumn in Canton
#3 - Andrea Rand, Keeping a Watchful Eye