9/7/2016 - Volunteer for a Town Board or Commission!
Volunteer for a Town Board or Commission!
If you are a civic- minded individual who would enjoy participating in local government, the Town of Canton has several vacancies on Town boards and commissions that need to be filled. These boards and commissions are comprised of unpaid volunteers who are appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Regular members are considered voting members while alternate members are only seated as voting members in the absence of a regular member or in the event of a conflict of interest between an applicant and a regular member. Do not be discouraged from choosing to be an alternate member. There is continual turnover on these boards and commissions and regular members are typically chosen from among the alternate members. If any of the following vacancies appeal to you, please express your desire to volunteer to First Selectman, Leslee Hill at Lhill@townofcantonct.org or return the application and a resume to:
Leslee Hill, First Selectman
Town of Canton
P.O. Box 168
Collinsville, CT 06022
Deadline to apply for positions below is Friday, September 23, 2016
- Board of Ethics -Alternate
- Building Code Board of Appeals -Member
- Commission on Aging -Alternate
- Collinsville Historic District -Alternate
- DECD Central Tourism Rep -Member
- Economic Development Agency -Member
- Farmington River Coordinating Committee -Member
- Planning and Zoning Commission -Alternate
- Water Pollution Control Authority -Member
- Wild and Scenic River Study Committee -Member
- Zoning Board of Appeals -2 Members & 1 Alternate
- Fire & EMS Facility Study Committee - Deadline to apply for this position only is Thursday, October 6, 2016.