6/25/2015 - It's Tax Time! Get Information Here
Town Taxes Due:
• The Town of Canton Tax Office announces that the tax bills have been mailed.
• If you do not receive your bill by July 6th, please call the Tax Office at 860-693-7843.
• Payments are due on or before August 3, 2015.
• Payments may be made in person or by mail.
• Mail-in payments must be postmarked on or before August 3, 2015.
• Current taxes include Motor Vehicle tax bills and the first installment for Real Estate & Personal Property taxes.
• As a reminder, any vehicles registered after October 1, 2014 will be billed in January 2016 and will not appear on the July 2015 tax bill.
• Failure to make timely payments will subject taxpayers to an interest charge of 1.5% per month from the July 1, 2015 due date.
• The minimum interest charge is $2.00.
• If you pay late, please call the Tax Office at 860-693-7843 for the correct amount due.
• Please note that there is no mailing for the second installment for Real Estate and Personal Property tax bills. Taxpayers are encouraged to mark their calendars for mid-January as a reminder for the second installment.
• Both payment coupons are included with the bill mailed in June.
• Please save your receipts for income tax purposes.
• Call 860-693-7843 with questions regarding tax collection issues.
• Call 860-693-7842 with questions regarding assessment issues.
• The Tax Office will be open Mon, Tue, Thurs from 8:15am-4:30pm; Wed from 8:15am-6:45pm; and Friday from 8:15am-noon.
• More information can be found online: www.townofcantonct.org/tax