Thank you for your interest in employment with the Town of Canton, below are current employment openings and recruitments.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, discrimination in employment based upon race, color, religion, sex or national origin is prohibited. Federal law prohibits other forms of discrimination including but not limited to age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, attainment of benefits, and participation in union activities. Most state and local laws prohibit some or all of these types of discrimination as well as other types including but not limited to discrimination based on ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or source(s) of income. Restrictions with respect to credit data are imposed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This list is not intended to represent a complete list of prohibited forms of discrimination.
The Town of Canton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to download an application.
Seasonal Employment 2019
Are you looking for a rewarding position working with children and the community? Are you a responsible, hardworking and energetic individual that wants to make a difference? Consider applying for one of Canton Parks and Recreation Department’s seasonal job openings. Applications are now being accepted. Applications may be mailed or dropped off to the CAO Office (Town Hall 4 Market Street P.O. 168 Collinsville, CT, 06022). Don’t wait to apply, candidates will be contacted and hired on a rolling basis and positions may close at any time.
Click here to download an employment application and get started today!
- Recreation Program Assistant (Internship) - Candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level program in recreation and leisure services or closely related field.
- Pool Supervisor (Lifeguard/WSI Certification preferred)
- Front Desk Attendant (Mills Pond Pool)
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard
- American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor
- Park/Pool Maintenance
- Water Safety Instructor Aide (This is a volunteer opportunity that requires you to first enroll in the WSI Aide program through www.cantonrec.org).
- Summer Camp Supervisor
- Summer Camp Counselor
- C. I.T. Counselor-in-Training (This is a volunteer opportunity. Requires CIT application)
Please visit www.cantonrec.org to view job descriptions. For any questions please contact Kellie Faust, Recreation Supervisor at email@example.com or call 860-693-5808.